The independent panel hearing submissions on Auckland’s proposed unitary plan says subdivision in rural zones should be provided for to a greater extent than proposed.
The panel has made this point in its latest interim guidance, issued on 10 June. The guidance note clarifies the constraints that should apply to rural subdivision and continues the policy of not undermining the productive potential of elite soils.
Next topics on the panel’s hearings list are:
- Rural objectives & policies, activities & controls, hearing Monday-Wednesday & Friday 22-24 & 26 June at 9.30am
- Infrastructure, Thursday 25 June & Wednesday 1 July at 9.30am
- Viewshafts, Friday 26 June at 2pm, Monday-Tuesday 29-30 June at 9.30am
- Public open space, Thursday-Friday 2-3 July at 9.30am
- Transport objectives & policies, Wednesday-Friday 8-10 July & Monday-Tuesday 13-14 July at 9.30am
The panel is also continuing with mediation session & prehearing meetings.