The Rodney Local Board will decide on Thursday on performance measures & proposed bus routes to be funded under the board’s transport targeted rate.
The board proposed the rate last year and put figures on it when it sent its 10-year budget out for consultation. It investigated options for a targeted rate to bring forward $41 million worth of investment in transport services and infrastructure in Rodney over the next 10 years, and proposed a rate of $150/year per dwelling or business premise.
The proposal Auckland Transport has asked the board to approve on Thursday would fund:
- Huapai-Westgate bus service increased frequency (effectively providing a 15-minute service out of Huapai, in the peak)
- Riverhead-Westgate bus service
- Huapai park-&-ride (investigation)
- Warkworth park-&-ride
- Proposed road seal extension programme, and
- Proposed footpath programme.
The report for Thursday’s meeting also provides:
- a summary of the board’s transport targeted rate projects list, and
- a progress update about projects & activities funded by that rate.
Using the rate, Auckland Transport will also investigate & design:
- the new Wellsford-Warkworth bus route planned to start no later than February 2019, and
- Helensville-Silverdale (via Kaukapakapa) bus route, also planned to start by February, which is subject to NZ Transport Agency subsidy approval.
20 September 2018 agenda item: Rodney transport targeted rate update
Bob Dey Property Report diary, week 17-23 September 2018
Attribution: Board agenda.