Published 8 February 2009
Environment Minister Nick Smith called on Friday for nominations for the 2009 Green Ribbon Awards, for New Zealanders who put their commitment to caring for our environment into action.
A new category this year will recognise New Zealand’s successful hosting of World Environment Day in 2008. The award will honour an event or project which prompted action for the environment within the community on that day.
The 9 categories this year are:
· Community action for the environment – young people
· Urban sustainability
· Community action for the environment – volunteers & not-for-profit organisations
· Sustainable land use
· Businesses making a difference
· Making a difference to household sustainability
· Innovative solutions for the environment
· Environment in the spotlight
· Community action for World Environment Day.
Nominations close on Monday 23 March.
Attribution: Ministerial release, story written by Bob Dey for the Bob Dey Property Report.