Published 25 January 2010 Building supplies retailer Bunnings Ltd has bought the lease on the Mitre 10 outlet in Tory St, central Wellington, from the receivers and plans to open a new store there in the first quarter of the year. The Tory St site became available when Brian Mayo-Smith & Andrew Bethell (BDO […]
Published 21 December 2007 The Commerce Commission has released its reasons for granting clearance to A & R Whitcoulls to acquire 100% of the shares in Borders NZ Ltd.The commission said yesterday its reasons included: A & R Whitcoulls was likely to continue to face price competition from other existing book retailers, such as […]
Published: 28 June 2005 Hellaby Holdings Ltd has agreed to purchase Discount Shoe Warehouse Ltd, trading as Number 1 Shoe Warehouse. Hellaby will acquire an 80% shareholding in Number 1 on 1 July and the remaining 20% on 31 August 2007.The price will be based on a multiple of Number 1’s ebit over the 4 […]
Published: 24 May 2005 Eastern Hi Fi Group Ltd’s retail subsidiary, Eastern Hi Fi Ltd (both headed by Stephen Allbury), has bought the trading assets of Smith’s Sound Hi Fi Ltd (Phillip & Jennifer McIssac), which has a shop in Mt Eden. Eastern Hi Fi now operates 9 stores. It will continue to trade […]
Smiths City Group Ltd will complete its purchase of the business assets of Wellington-based appliance & electronic products retailer L. V. Martin & Son Ltd, including its Ngauranga Gorge property, on 1 November. The purchase will be by a new company, 80% owned by Smiths City & 20% by LV Martin chief executive Trevor Douthett. […]
Smiths City Group Ltd managing director Rick Hellings said the company & another party were in advanced stages of negotiation to buy the assets of L V Martin & Son Ltd, including its Ngauranga Gorge property.Mr Hellings said a fuller statement would be made within a week.