Christchurch-based Corbel Construction Ltd said this week it had signed $35 million of new projects in Auckland and planned to extend into other centres including soon to realise its strategic ambition of becoming a $100 million national contractor by the end of 2018.
Corbel was established in Christchurch in 2000 and opened an Auckland office in October 2015, when group construction manager Kevin Burke relocated from Christchurch.
Mr Burke said Auckland projects would contribute almost 30% of the company’s targeted annual revenue of over $50 million in its first full year of operations.
“The major projects we have won in Auckland have been the result of our experience with largescale multi-unit residential refurbishments following the Canterbury earthquakes, and the expertise we’ve developed providing construction management services to the community, education, health & commercial sectors.”
Corbel has 9 projects underway in Auckland and another due to start this month:
- The $3.5 million refurbishment of the historic Mt Roskill Borough Council building at 560 Mt Roskill Rd, Mt Roskill, to heritage status for Auckland Council, due to be completed in May
- The $4.5 million refurbishment of the Ellen Melville Centre on High St, due for completion in April 2017
- Construction of amenities including a manager’s bungalow, kitchen, showers & toilet facilities at the Muriwai camping ground on behalf of council organisation Panuku Development Auckland, for $2.4 million
- Reroofing, from flat to pitched, 5 buildings at Birkenhead College for $3.8 million on behalf of the Ministry of Education, to be completed in November
- The $350,000 refurbishment & upgrading of the Fraser McDonald geriatric mental health facility for the Auckland District Health Board, to be completed in April
- The $12.6 million refurbishment of 84 townhouses at Parnell Terraces, in Parnell, to be completed in January 2018
- A $160,000 4th stage of seismic strengthening of the Market Garden apartments in St Lukes, to be completed this month
- The $2.5 million refurbishment & reroofing of the Westview Medical Centre in Glen Eden for Helios JV, to be completed in August
- Emergency reroofing of 2 gyms at Manurewa High School valued at $1 million, and
- A start on construction of 2 teaching blocks (arts & language) at Selwyn College, valued at $5 million.
Mr Burke said Corbel Auckland had a team of 17 full-time employees and moved into new office space at 14 Maidstone St, Grey Lynn, in December.
The company attributes its growth to its focus on key market sectors, developing long-term relationships with key customers and providing exceptional customer experience in a sector not renowned for being client-focused.
Attribution: Company release.