West Auckland gets its turn at a new bus network, starting on Sunday 11 June.
Auckland Transport said today everything about the network would change, including new bus routes, new route numbers & new timetables.
After consultation at the end of 2014, Auckland Transport tendered for new bus contracts, and new services were introduced for South Auckland, Pukekohe & Waiuku last October.
Auckland Transport said benefits of the new network for the west included:
- a single, all-day, high-frequency route (to be operated with double-deckers from August) along Great North Rd between New Lynn & the city centre, replacing multiple current routes and improving access to Auckland Zoo & Motat for residents & visitors
- an all-day service for the first time on the North-western Motorway from Westgate to the city centre
- frequent all-day service between Westgate, Lincoln Rd, Henderson & New Lynn via Great North Rd
- more direct & more frequent all-day service between Henderson, Westgate, Hobsonville & Constellation on the North Shore
- easy-to-understand, more regular local services feeding the rest of the network at New Lynn, Henderson & Westgate.
Attribution: Auckland Transport release.