The Financial Markets Authority has published new resources focused on some of the more complex & potentially riskier products increasingly being seen on the market.
Among examples are foreign exchange trading & hybrid bonds. The authority has also updated existing content on getting financial advice, and general do’s & don’ts.
Among the guides:
- Getting financial advice – services to expect and how to find an advisor
- Warnings, alerts & scams, including an A-Z list of all current warnings
- Property syndicates – a mid- to long-term investment that can be riskier than other forms of property investment
- Product disclosure statements (PDS) – explaining new, concise information that replaces investment statements
- Selected financial information – in a new share offer or PDS
- Hybrid (capital) notes – often issued by banks, may not be suitable for many investors
- Foreign exchange trading – highlighting the significant risks of forex trading for profit.
Link: FMA, Investment basics
Attribution: FMA release.